7.26.2009

Cirque du Soleil: KOOZA in review


For those who are unfamiliar with Cirque du Soleil, it is a Circus unlike any you will likely see elsewhere. There are no animals; only people performing amazing acrobatics coupled with fantastic live music sets. They hand pick performers from all over the world that best fit that particular Cirque show. Click on the video above for a little taste.

It's hard to believe that July has nearly past us. A few weeks ago we were gifted with free tickets to Cirque du Soleil's latest show to hit Minnesota, KOOZA. What a show it was! Through the powers of serendipity, the free showing happened to be on my birthday. A rather fortuitous turn of events.

As soon as we were ushered into our seats, a smile danced across my face and the playfulness of the clowns pre-show act kept it there until the show proper began. The show picks up with a child being unable to keep his kite in the air. A mysterious package arrive's taking The Innocent and the audience on act after act of phantasmagorical acrobatics. And all throughout, that smile never left my face.

I really feel that I can't recommend YOU going and seeing this show enough. It's a lot of fun and totally worth the admission. I should mention that I traveled briefly with the last show (Corteo) as security (through several subcontract agencies) so perhaps that coloured my view of the show, although I don't see it that way. When I stumbled upon that gig, I decided to keep it for a least a few cities because the show filled my heart with something very close to the high one gets from being in-love. And KOOZA brought it all back.

Hector, from KOOZA gave us a heads up about a special summer offer: tickets are 30% off! The offer can be accessed by clicking on BUY TICKETS at http://www.koozainstpaul.com. The show runs on until August 9th.

Many thanks to Hector and everyone at KOOZA!

No comments: